Saturday, October 11, 2008

Real Thang Remix

Erykah Badu, "Real Thang"
Noddable "Fudge Thang" remix

http://noddables.cannedoxygen.com/fudge_thang.mp3

Since July, I have been waiting for Erykah to call Tyrone. And by "Tyrone" I mean me. And by "call" I mean e-mail. And by "Erykah" I mean whoever is judging the Erykah Badu Remix Contest. The deadline (extended at least once) was July 30, and the winner was to be contacted by e-mail.

I was sure I wouldn't win, but I figured I had a good chance of placing. From the sounds of it -- "Creativity is key, so all types of remixes are welcomed (hip-hop, r&b/soul, house, broken beat, rock, reggae, etc.)." -- they were looking for something a little different, and I gave them that (see "etc."). Oh wellz. That e-mail is apparently not forthcoming (it makes me feel a little better to know that no one on Okayplayer has heard back either), so I'm posting this now.

I started on this track before I knew about the contest, and I made exactly the track I wanted to make, so I'm pleased with the outcome regardless. Hope you enjoy.

No comments: